Major projects FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions about post-approval management plans.
Please note that NRAR is no longer involved in coordinating or preparing advice on post-approvals.
What SSD/SSI post-approval management plans do I submit to the department via the Major Projects Planning Portal
You can submit the following plans, and we can provide advice about:
- groundwater models
- groundwater monitoring and modelling plans
- surface water and groundwater monitoring reports
- water management plans
- extraction management plans
- subsidence management plans
- specific requests from the Department of Planning and Environment
- water licensing under the Water Management Act 2000
- works typically requiring a controlled activity approval under the Water Management Act 2000 (e.g. watercourse realignment, riparian rehabilitation).
Which licences and approvals does my SSD/SSI project need under the Water Management Act 2000?
Visit Water Assist on the department's website and use the self-help tool to find your answer. If you still need help in answering your question, submit an enquiry through Water Assist, and we will contact you.
I have other questions
Please contact us for questions about:
- the post-approval management plan process?
- groundwater models and groundwater monitoring plans
- progress updates on the assessment of water issues for a post-approval management plan that I have already submitted
- advice on water matters I received on my post-approval management plan
- arranging a meeting to discuss a post-approval matter
- consultation regarding the conditions of an SSD/SSI approval issued previously that required consultation with DPI Water/Office of Water/NRAR.
For all enquiries regarding post-approvals for SSD/SSI projects, please email: