A comprehensive engagement and consultation program accompanied the release of the draft strategy. This included:
- face-to-face meetings
- online webinars
- formal submissions.
What we heard
Given the inter-connectedness of the Murrumbidgee and NSW Murray regions and the significant overlap in communities and stakeholder groups, engagement outcomes have been consolidated. Across the two regions, over 100 stakeholders participated in the engagement program, and 41 formal submissions were received. Key themes that emerged during this consultation include;
- Climate data sets and modelling
- Water security, availability and use
- Environmental health, ecosystems and water quality
- Improving water-related opportunities for Aboriginal people
- Land and water management and planning
- Strategy development and implementation.