Draft strategy and background information
The first draft of the South Coast Regional Water Strategy was on public exhibition from 30 October – 13 December 2020.
The draft strategy was a set of 3 documents:
- Regional Water Strategies Guide (PDF, 3559.18 KB)
- Draft South Coast Region Water Strategy (PDF, 7748.56 KB)
- Draft South Coast Long List of Options (PDF, 3381.71 KB)
What we heard
A wide range of stakeholders participated in the engagement program and 12 formal submissions were received. Key themes that emerged during this consultation include water security, Aboriginal knowledge and connection to Country, environmental and ecosystem health, and climate change and data modelling.
- Draft South Coast Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Report (PDF, 1948.83 KB)
- Draft South Coast Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Summary (PDF, 174.18 KB)
A comprehensive engagement and consultation program accompanied the release of the draft strategy. This included:
- face-to-face meetings
- online webinars
- formal submissions.
We are sharing collected community and stakeholder submissions for the region along with cultural and general submissions.