Draft regulatory framework for local water utilities
The department’s draft Regulatory framework for local water utilities (PDF, 869.04 KB), was open for public consultation from 31 March 2022 until 30 April 2022.
A summary of feedback provided by the sector and public submissions.Download the summary (.PDF 376KB)
More than 40 stakeholders participated in the engagement which included a webinar, survey and public submissions. 17 public submissions were received from stakeholders.
We considered all submissions and used the feedback to finalise the regulatory framework for local water utilities, for implementation from 1 July 2022.
The draft regulatory framework was an action in the 'Roadmap to an improved regulatory framework for local water utilities', where the department committed to making available a draft regulatory framework for broad sector consultation by the end of March 2022.
From 1 July, we have implemented the new Regulatory and assurance framework for local water utilities.
The following public submissions were received on the department’s draft Regulatory framework for local water utilities (PDF, 869.04 KB).
- Bathurst Regional Council (PDF, 1234.64 KB)
- Bega Valley Shire Council (PDF, 1026.35 KB)
- Cabonne Council (PDF, 775.07 KB)
- Central Coast Council (PDF, 248.35 KB)
- Central NSW Joint Organisation (PDF, 470.91 KB)
- Central Tablelands Water County Council (PDF, 364.78 KB)
- Common Thread Consulting (PDF, 465.96 KB)
- Goldenfields County Council (PDF, 501.93 KB)
- Hunter H2O (PDF, 1522.63 KB)
- MidCoast Council (PDF, 339.57 KB)
- Mr Michael Smit and Mr Adam Jones (PDF, 698.4 KB)
- Namoi Unlimited and Namoi Water Alliance (PDF, 1076.36 KB)
- NSW Health (PDF, 655.09 KB)
- Orana Water Utilities Alliance (PDF, 555.55 KB)
- Parkes Shire Council (PDF, 180.45 KB)
- Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PDF, 164.77 KB)
- Stephen Palmer Consulting (PDF, 1072.94 KB)
- Water Directorate (PDF, 324.27 KB)