Thank you to everyone for your interest in the Project this year.
The Project team will be on leave between Friday 23 December 2022 and Sunday 8 January 2023 but will be available for urgent enquiries throughout this period. If your enquiry is urgent, please phone on 1800 560 729.
We wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season! See you in 2023!
The NSW Government has released a 20-year infrastructure options study for rural river valleys which addresses future challenges in operating regulated river systems. The objective of the study was to guide water infrastructure investment by all levels of government.
The Prime Minister and then NSW Premier announced a jointly funded package of around $1 billion for the planning and delivery of three new or augmented dams in NSW. This includes $24 million for a Final Business Case for building a new dam on Mole River, in the Border Rivers region of NSW.
The Border Rivers is a large catchment that services both NSW and QLD users. Its water supply is serviced by three relatively small catchment dams and large on-farm storages. A new dam will have the potential to secure more water in flood sequences so in drier times more water would be available to communities, agriculture and the environment.
In June 2022, after extensive and rigorous investigations and a cost benefit analysis, the NSW Government has determined the Mole River Dam Project will not go ahead because it is not viable. View the media release.
To speak with the project team, phone 1800 560 729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive project updates via email, sign up.
Facebook users can also join the Water Infrastructure NSW Mole River project community group.
- Mole River Dam Community Dashboard - June 2022 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- NSW Govt - Media release - 1 June 2022 (PDF, 152.8 KB)
- Construction Industry Briefing FAQS - June 2020 (PDF, 189.8 KB)
- NSW Govt - Media release - 31 March 2020 (PDF, 125.8 KB)
- Critical State Significant Infrastructure Dams - March 2020 (PDF, 342.5 KB)
- Mole River Dam Fact Sheet - October 2019 (PDF, 279.5 KB)
- Mole River Dam - Feasibility Study (PDF, 15.9 MB)
- Construction Industry Briefing - May 2020 (PDF, 3.2 MB)