The Wyangala Dam Wall Raising Project will:
- Increase dam storage capacity by 53 per cent or an extra 650 gigalitres
- Deliver approx. 21 gigalitres per annum additional estimated yield for general security license use
- Provide a significant improvement in:
- water security
- drought resilience
- flood mitigation for the Lachlan Valley
- generate new local business and employment opportunities and attract new investment to the region.
The Wyangala Dam Wall Raising project is expected to:
- improve productivity for primary industries
- provide greater water reliability to support additional investment by businesses, particularly in the agricultural sector, including:
- transitioning to higher yield agricultural products
- increasing stock levels.
- secure the region’s town water supplies, stimulating the growth of the regional economy and supporting population growth.
- Construction Industry Briefing FAQs - June 2020 (PDF, 189.8 KB)
- Construction Industry Briefing - May 2020 (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- NSW Govt Media release - 31 March 2020 (PDF, 125.8 KB)
- Critical State Significant Infrastructure Dams - March 2020 (PDF, 342.5 KB)