Water is one of our most valuable natural assets. We have a responsibility to the people of NSW to ensure we have an equitable and transparent approach to the management of our water now and for future generations.
We manage water to:
- support jobs, economic growth, the environment, and our health and wellbeing
- deliver efficient services with a focus on innovation, performance and affordability
- improve the health of waterways and their catchments to support our environmental, social, cultural and economic needs and values
- support the sustainable use of and access to water
- enable farmers and all water users to achieve and improve water efficiency with the available water, while supporting regional communities to adjust to a changing climate
- plan infrastructure that secures water supply and increases drought resilience across our communities
- support the wellbeing of rural and regional communities who enjoy the recreational benefits our regional waterways provide.