Analysis and insights of our water data
We analyse water related data to produce insights and information about water management. The department then uses the information and insights to manage water more effectively.
Historical water usage presented by basin, water source, river section, licence category.
Provides data and analysis on held and planned environmental water in NSW.
A summary of environmental water shares held across New South Wales and within each water source for each water year and compares
Data visualisation tool to analyse volumes and prices of water allocations and entitlements being traded.
Share component since the commencement of the water sharing plan by water source and licence category.
An essential management dashboard used to show the performance of local water utility across regional NSW.
Find out more about how extractions are tracking against extraction limits in inland groundwater sources.
Catchment based annual analysis
We produce annual reports for each catchment that provide insights into:
- Climatic conditions (How did the annual reporting period compare to historical conditions?)
- Water resources (How much water was there?)
- Water resource changes (Where did the water originate and where did it go?)
- Water resource commitments (How was the water distributed amongst stakeholders?)
- Water resource use (How much entitlement is active and what proportion of available water is being used?)
- Environmental water (How much water was available for environmental use, and how much was delivered to environmental assets?)
- Water resource management (What legislative rules determined the sharing of available water?)
- Water market activity (How much water is being traded, and how much does the water cost?)