Important information about delays
The Licensing and Approvals team are currently experiencing extended delays in the issuing of licences, approvals and enquiry responses.
We apologise for the inconvenience these delays are having on our customers.
We understand that providing greater certainty on assessment timeframes and processes will help our customers to better adjust and plan for these delays. For more information on adjusted assessment timeframes below.
Our commitment to customers:
- We will seek to meet or exceed assessment timeframes where possible
- We will prioritise urgent and overdue matters
- We will provide email or phone confirmation when application enquiries and status updates are received
To avoid delays please read the below:
- For us to best manage requests for existing applications please use Water Assist or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you use all eTools prior to making application for Integrated Development and Controlled Activity Approval
- Read all application forms and guides carefully and provide all required information with your application or enquiry
- Make payment of application fees promptly
- Make application for all Controlled Activity Approval application via the NSW Planning Portal
- Make application for all water access licences and water supply work approvals via email to email@example.com
Receipt confirmation 24-48hrs|
10 working days
30 working days (complex)
|Controlled Activity Application (CAA)||80 working days|
|Integrated Development Application (IDAS)||40 calendar days|
|Water Supply Work and Use Approvals||80 working days|
|Water Access Licences||45 working days|
|Planning proposals, rezonings, LEP/DCP amendments, REF||40 working days|
The above specified timeframes will be further extended where any of the following occurs:
- There is delay in making payment of application fees
- Your application is incomplete
- Additional information is requested by the department, council or other agencies
- You request revision of the proposal or design after lodgement
- Additional statutory referral to other agencies is required
- Your application requires compulsory advertising and resolution of submissions
- The department is experiencing high workloads.
Please note that when lodging applications for Controlled Activity Approval via the NSW Planning Portal you will receive a confirmation email that specifies an assessment timeframe of 45 days. Due to the current delays, this response timeframe will be 80 days.