A NSW Government website

Controlled activity approvals

Guidelines for controlled activity approvals

Guidelines for NSW controlled activity approvals, including in-stream works, laying pipes and cables, outlet structures, riparian corridors, vegetation management and watercourse crossings.

Guidelines for controlled activity approvals

These guidelines provide essential information on how to safeguard the state's water resources and stay compliant when carrying out activities that require a controlled activity approval.

Not sure about what you need?

We've developed the Water Assist tool to help you work out who to talk to and what steps to take to get the licences and approvals you need.