The topics are chosen to help water utilities to meet the requirement of their DWMSs and Circular LWU 18.
- Disinfection processes.
- Ct value, turbidity, chlorine demand and pH.
- Maintaining a free chlorine residual in water.
- Verification monitoring program and field tests.
- Number of required samples and location.
- Summary Report requirement required by Circular LWU 18.
- Response protocol for E. Coli detections.
- Assessing system performance for management of THMs.
- Management of incidents and emergencies.
Integrity of Distribution System
- Roofing of reservoirs.
- Cross connections.
- Water losses, breakage of pipes and super-chlorination.
- Lime leaching, CaCO3 precipitation and corrosion of pipes.
- CCPP software and its application.
- Copper corrosion and management guidelines.
- Mains cleaning.
Length of course
This is a 2 day course.
Who should attend?
Water distribution system operators, engineers and managers.
A short examination will be conducted on the final day.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all successful attendees.
More information on course dates, locations and costs can be found in the course schedule.
What is included?
Course notes, lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea.
What is not included?
Writing material, accommodation, other meals not specified, travel to and from the course.
How to nominate for the course
The department will send confirmation of receipt of your nomination via email within one week. Venue details, the program and a timetable will be sent to all participants approximately four weeks before the course. Please provide details of any special dietary needs on nomination.