Fee free training in water operations
Skilled and competent operators are vital to provide essential water and sewerage services in regional NSW and to managing drinking water quality. Currently there is a critical shortage of formally trained water operators in NSW.
We have partnered with Training Services NSW to offer up to 900 fee-free vocational training placements, across the state to tackle the shortage of skilled water operators in regional areas.
The courses include:
- Full qualifications
- Part qualifications
- Water sampling and testing
- Wastewater sampling and testing
- Water network maintenance
- Commissioning or re-commissioning water assets.
Local water utilities should ensure that any training is chosen to match the needs of their staff. For advice on how to select the right qualification and units to match your needs contact email@example.com.
Other courses may be funded for staff interested in industry training and for supervisors managing trainees, to understand assessment or to gain presentation skills, literacy and numeracy support and mentoring skills, for example:
- Full qualification
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor
- Workplace Supervisor Skill Set
- Assessor Skill Set
- Statement of Attainment in Training and Assessment (Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills and Resources/Support for Vocational Foundation Skills).
Training is available across a range of programs including:
- School-based traineeships
- Trade pathways for experienced workers
- Pre-employment skills
- Support programs for Aboriginal students.