The project is supported through funding from the Australian Government’s Hydrometric Network and Remote Sensing (HNRS) program, part of the Enhanced Water Monitoring and Information Initiative.
More detail on the HNRS program is available on the Murray Darling Basin Authority’s website.
Site selection criteria
The department uses the HIP and the following criteria to select site locations.
Water sharing, delivery, and use
- operations (e.g. flow thresholds)
- active management (unregulated use and active environmental water management)
- compliance and enforcement
- accounting (trends, demand, accessibility, status and use of water)
- planning for our future resources and sharing water.
- stream connectivity for ecological populations
- monitoring environmental assets
- evaluating water in the landscape and its associated outcomes.
Public information and transparency
- Once established, site data is made available to the public and may be used for any number of purposes (e.g. flood warning).
Have your say
The online consultation will run from 1 November to 31 December 2022. Late submissions are welcome, however may not be able to be considered in the earlier tranches of work.
There are three ways you can provide your feedback: